$1,500 1979 Datsun 810 Wagon (Asheville, North Carolina)

I'm thinking of selling my 810. It's a 79 model with the good old L24 and an automatic gearbox. Mileage believed to be 106k, for a few reasons. Power steering, power brakes, AC. Oil changes have been done every 1000 miles since I've had it, I've been driving it across the state a lot and like to have fresh oil before making a 4 hour + trip. I drove it to Raleigh and back a few weeks ago. 10 hour drive and it gave me no problems.

Since I've had it I've only really given it a tune, re-bushed the idler arm, and put a new muffler on (Not a fart can). It needs the tie rod ends done and the AC fixed, working on both those things right now. Besides that, the e-brake is non functioning and the radio only picks up AM. I've never been big on radio, so I never bothered with messing with that. Didn't mind having no AC until this heat wave.

The body is straight and clean. There are two spots on rust that will need attention in the future. The driver's side front wing has rust at the bottom. The pass side fender is the same, but has had some repairs done. The back bumper is rusting, as can be seen in the picture. I haven't found any other rust, save for a bit of surface on the doors. No major dents, but there are a few nicks and dings. Interior is pretty nice. All the seats are very nice except for the driver's. Plastic hing bits on the center console and glove box are broken. Has full gauges like a 240z and they all work.

Car is my daily and has never failed to start or left me ont he side of the road. Local all its life, it was bought in a small town on the other side of Asheville. Both previous owners were adults and seemed to have taken good care of the car, as I have.

Would like to see 1500 out of it. Only thinking of selling becasue there is a Corolla Liftback for sale near me. I had one in high school and yearn to have one again. Please call or text 828 702 4626.

7487502394_88e380a95d_c.jpg

7512227164_4775987755_c.jpg

7512226296_76b7d2e7e2_c.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that's a super clean 810 wish it was closer to me almost got one the same color and year but owner was hard to get a hold of sometimes and never ended up getting it. Good luck with the sale definitely who ever gets it will be a lucky owner since these cars are getting harder to come by.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll still give you the truck for it :poke:

Whereabouts WNC? I'm gonna be in Bryson City for a few weeks working. I'd like to check it out while I'm around.

I lost your number. I'm going to pass. I just haven't got time to come do that trans swap. Work has been crazy since I got back in town.

• 2 months later...

Don't know if you would be interested in a trade for an 81 280zx with a L28ET swap its 5 Speed though but wouldn't be hard if you converted it to automatic with the tranny from the 810?

There was like 5 810 wagons for sale at once all in california and within in a few days they were all gone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.