No KA injector pulse?

Wrapping up my KA swap into the FC, and I figured since I know you guys here and like you better, I'd ask a question here instead of Zilvia or something.

I've got ECU power and ignition power, checked for spark and I've got it. Timing is correct, I have fuel pressure, injectors just aren't firing. Now, im wiring all this in from the harness that goes to the main engine fuse block on a S13. I'm pretty sure I'm missing power to like one wire that controls the injector pulse. Grounds are good, the engine will actually start and run on carb cleaner. Just can't figure out which wire I'm missing.

Figure with the amount of KA swaps that take place here, somebody will know.

Thank you!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More gas didn't work.

Right now, I have the main ecu power and ignition wires powered. I have spark.

Whenever I power the rest of the wires on that plug, I have faint injector pulse.

However, the first time I powered all of them, it actually worked, started, and ran until I unplugged them.

Now it won't do it.

It's almost like a bad ground, but both the engine harness grounds are connected.

What else could keep the injectors from pulsing?

It sounds like you have a power supply problem. The injectors recieve 12v pos itive whenever key is on. Use a test light or meter to verify, that should always be there. The PCM supplys a ground to fire the injector.

Use this for wiring reference:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/240sx-fsm-full-service-manuals-s13-s14-ka24e-ka24de-t311075.html

I can't get it to load on my crappy connection right now or I would post up diagrams.