Another 620 waiting for the knife

Hey..im a new owner to a 75 Datsun. I was told im the 3rd owner and it was last registered in 2000. Ive had it for a few weeks but lurked on here before when I was toying with 720s.

My heart is with ford trucks and toyotas..but in high school I bought a 88 hardbody nap z 5 spd for $250 to fool around with. I ended up selling it for $200 since I had too many cars. Fast forward 4 years later and I traded a set of toyota axles and some other parts for another 88 nap z 4 spd that I ran hard, drove all over this island, and then sold for $700(saw it on cl for $2800 recently). I missed having that 2nd hardbody. I ended up buying 3 720s..parted one, drive another and hope to get the 3rd going again.

Alittle story back ground. Ive had an itch to play with an old skool japanese made coupe, wagon or truck. I really wanted a te72 coupe or any 78older Hilux but a 510 or a bullet style truck was an option. Where I live its hard to find a solid, virgin, running or close to running cars. I wasnt expecting much...a lot of rust, mickey mouse wiring and a interior cracked to dust or replaced with painted/home made panels. My plan? Race car to go down the strip and maybe scca. Simple, safe and fast with a rat rod look but utilizing tube for a cage and rear suspension. Chop up panels, run wires to have it start and drive with one head light and a tail light for the track. When I found this and opened the door and looked under the hood, I couldnt justify tearing it up to make a race truck.

It started, it stopped and I got it for a deal. The bad..I didnt have a title.

So for the past few weeks ive been looking at pics and driving this truck...if I didnt get the title, the truck would be strictly for the track. I did get the title, so now im here and have another plan. Im looking to do a mini resto, get the truck a few inches lower, make it comfortable to be in and definitely improve the brakes. When I got into this I didnt know much about these trucks..heck I dont know much about Nissans. Ive done searching and even bookmarked a few threads. This truck I plan to keep....

l.jpg

l.jpg

My 720 that runs...I drive this to work sometimes but im trying to sell it for $500 without the ubber wide Welds.

l.jpg

The 720 that I want to get on the road. I drove it home.

l.jpg

The 2nd Hardbody before I sold it. It was a base model virgin with 130k when I got it.

l.jpg

My main mode of transportation and some of my other trucks..(beware of link to pic, i dont wanna hurt your guys eyes)

http://a3.ec-images....31dcebade/l.jpg

http://a4.ec-images....795b0fdc3/l.jpg

http://a2.ec-images....a8c63bcf8/l.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic