Suspension Advice.

I'm planning to slowly overhaul my suspension on my 810 this summer, but it seems that strut inserts for the front are going to give me some trouble. i was thinking about tokico, my part number would be HZ3002 (which i think is for a 510 also? 10.5 inches or something....?). Seems like they're no longer producing them. Soo...

Can anyone suggest any strut inserts still being manufactured? Konis maybe?

Or does anyone have a set laying around?

Spring suggestions?

I was thinking about swapping to a 280zx strut assy, but don't really think I want to go any lower/bother with having to lower the back.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the 280zx replacement inserts are shorter than the stock 510 length but still being produced, so a lot of guys make a filler piece to stuff in the bottom of the strut tube or use a stack of fender washers to fill the void. if you stack them at the right height, the the top gland nut will hold the insert tight in the tube. This will work for you IF the 810 has a taller strut housing than a 280zx. If the 810 is the same height as the 510, this will work, as I am sure that the 510 strut is longer than the 280zx.