WTB: 240z Passenger door handle

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking for a outer door handle for a '73 240z passenger side. The extras I have are all broken just below the hinge spot. Let me know what ya got

You can simply swap the LH and RH handles when they break there. The two sides are identical, but each only uses one of the two arms. Not only does it fix your problem with no cost, but the handles will continue to have the same amount of aging.

You can simply swap the LH and RH handles when they break there. The two sides are identical, but each only uses one of the two arms. Not only does it fix your problem with no cost, but the handles will continue to have the same amount of aging.

I still need one since id like to be able to open both doors from the outside. The extras I have are broken to were they flex way to much be able to open the door.

I still need one since id like to be able to open both doors from the outside. The extras I have are broken to were they flex way to much be able to open the door.

That's the beauty. Both doors will work when you swap them. Each handle has two arms, but only the rear arm is used. That arm will break over time if the rod assembly becomes sticky, but when you swap the arms side-to-side, the broken arm that was at the rear is now at the front and isn't needed. Until you break the second arm, you don't have to buy anything.

If the handles are flexing, you need to find and fix the underlying problem. The rod assembly needs to be checked, cleaned and adjusted so you don't put extra stress on the handle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.