Quick release

socaldatsun

Hey guys I searched the threads but found two meesly post on this. I am verry paranoid about my truck being stolen and want to get a quick release for the steering wheel. I saw that one guy used this http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRT-2001/ but is a hub adapter needed for this or it goes straight onto the steering colomb? or would the hub adapter and a NRG quick relese is better?I want something that is quick to take off and reliable to steer with. I am aware that this will bring the wheel a few inches closer.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have one of these on my goon, but I took it off because it was old and developed too much play. It wouldn't have done that if the previous owner had it hooked up right, but it was too far gone. I have a garage now, so I'm not as worried about the car being stolen.

From what I remember on mine, the quick release unit bolts up to a Grant hub adapter. It definitely won't go on just by itself.