Family Z Cars...

Figured I might as well log these in this forum, they're posted a few other places :D I may be able to obtain a few more pics from old albums, at one point all of my aunts/uncles/grandparents rolled with Zs, trucks or 510s...

My dad collected a new Z wherever we were stationed in the Air Force, and only quit when he became an old man and started accumulating Corvettes instead.

I was brought to the hospital in the 260z, so I was probably an hour or two away from being born I. It :P

2cab000e.jpg

e1cd7353.jpg

...I'd imagine that the Renault LeCar was probably brand new, probably broke down there, and probably returned to the earth ten minutes after this photo was taken.

Also, Mr. K's wire wheels. Dad always complained about the 260z's issues...

72fb4517.jpg

Hawaii. This one was later re-painted ice blue, iirc, as the Datsun paint seemed to fade within a couple years...

0fe8a198.jpg

San Bernardino.

cc695acf.jpg

San Bernardino again. I have the most vivid memories of this car, rides to the 7-11 to get slurpies... Was lent to my brother to drive through the desert for a skateboarding competition, the transmission blew somewhere near Blythe :P

The JDM five speed my dad replaced it with had gearing too awesome for the freeway, so it was traded in... On a four cylinder auto Ford Probe :X Apparently the contemporary Z31 was too soft for dad.

So I managed to fill in the gaps with my 280z and Z31... Maybe a Z32 someday, but probably not a Renault Z if I can help it :D

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic