ssr mk2 wanted

im looking for a set of ssr mk2s in 13 inch. width isnt too big of a deal, ill just buy the proper barrels to make em fit the car the way i want. i just need a starting point. anyone got a set. any color.....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SSR MK2's are technically 3 piece, but they are welded together from the factory making them one piece. The only way to redo the barrels would be to take them to a wheel shop, have them cut the centers out and bolt/weld new barrels on. Unless you have another way, this is going to cost you a lot of money to have them redone. If you don't need a wide width (like beyond 8") you might be better off finding the correct size from the start. I have several sets of SSR's and they are all made this way. The exception would be some of their multipiece mesh wheels which you can remove the faces from.

http://www.ssr-wheels.com/technology/

I think u are referring to the hybrid 2 piece.

Even the "3-Piece" MKIII/II are only really two pieces when the customer gets them. If you hover over the 3-Piece logo on the wheel it will explain how it works. Lip and barrel are welded together and then the center piece is bolted together forming the full wheel.

The wheel center is trapped between the barrel and lip on MK2's and other similar old school SSR's. I have a few sets of MK2's, Jilba Racing, and Casablancas and they are all made the same way. The barrel and lip are welded together with the wheel centers trapped inside.

ok so then im looking for 13x7 all around or staggered 13x(6)(7) and 13x(7.5),(8),(8.5) any combo of front to rear widths but ill entertain all offeres on width cause im pretty machine shop savy and im willing to pay to widen them if the price is right on the wheels.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.