the 'other' datto

Here is the 'other' datto. Finally dragged it into the carport to start work on it. Having some fuelling issues, its been sitting dead for about 3 months now.

dsc00177z.th.jpg

It's an early 80's N10 Pulsar 1500 auto. its comfortable, drives well, cd player, air-con( needs re-gassing) and everything electrical works... which is why i can not love it and don't consider it a real datsun!

The car is more than likely of no interest to anyone however i just figured i'd show you what my 620 had to give up its carport space for. Poor thing is sitting in the driveway acting as a rain gauge at the moment. Parcel tray was full again this morning.

The lady boss has been at me to fix it for ages so i guess i can spend a little bit of time on the pretend datto

Hopefully have it sorted before i go to the mainland for a week. don't want my baby sitting out there with the weather that's coming.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As requested.

dsc00177z.th.jpg

dsc00179d.th.jpg

dsc00180ai.th.jpg

dsc00181k.th.jpg

dsc00182h.th.jpg

dsc00183fp.th.jpg

bone stock aside from the stereo (didnt have one fitted but the original radio and tape deck, which are separate, were in the back.. previous owner spent a few pennies keeping it maintained. its had a re-con head. fuel pump, radiator and a bunch of other stuff.

interior only had a couple little rips on the tops of the back seat but my dog made short work of tearing them right open by climbing over them all the time.

the only money spent since she got it has been a set of 2nd hand tyres, oil, fuel and oil filters, and a little cow air freshener.

picked up from gumtree (kinda like craigslist) for 400 clams. she loves it. i don't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its one thing after another with this car, after FINALLY sorting out the fuelling issue it appears to have done a head gasket (well, i fkn hope its only a head gasket)

It's been drinking water for a while (when it actually runs) but i went to start it the other morning and it had hydraulic lock, and again the next day, in fact every time i managed to start it, the following day it would be locked again.

VRS kit came in the mail yesterday, and when i pluck up the enthusiasm to do so i'll rip into it, hoping that the recently recon head is still good.

If a new head gasket wont solve it, its getting a hefty dose of chemi-weld treatment, and if that wont cut it, im going to take it into a field and shoot it like a rabbid dog.

Understandibly, the mrs. isn't too thrilled with the concept of her car expiring, she tells me "look at yours, it's heaps worse than mine but you want to fix it" to which i reply "yours like a teenager with terminal cancer, still relatively young but only has a short time to live, mine's like a middle aged man with skin cancer and arthritis, if treated now, there's many more glory filled years ahead"

i think she wants to take me out to a field like that rabbid dog i mentioned............