Matchbox dizzy pedestal

I've got a distributor from a 79 200sx ready to go, but do not have the pedestal to allow it to bolt up. I have several pedestals for points distributors, but they do not fit onto the EI distributor. Let me know. Thanks guys.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a matchbox distributor in a stock L-16 pedestal. The problem was the plate that bolts to the pedestal, and the bottom of the distributor.

Because the Matchbox distributor is larger, the plate will not bolt to the distributor.

Here is a picture of two distributor plates, one modified to fit the matchbox distributor.

DistPlates.jpg

The one on the left is modified to fit a matchbox distributor. All I did was cut the tab that has the slotted hole for the distributor bolt, using a 1/32 abrasive cutoff wheel. Then I clamped the two pieces down, with a piece of 1/16 gas welding rod to fill the gap, and gas (ox-acetylene) it back together.

Here are two distributor plates stacked on top of each other so you can easily see the difference.

DistPlates2.jpg

After doing that, I had to reindex the oil pump drive spindle. If you want details on that, PM me.

I appreciate the thorough write up, but I have the matching adjuster plate. The larger distributor won't fit through the smaller diameter pedestal. Did you enlarge the hole in the pedestal too?

Why was reindexing the oil pump necessary?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.