1972 Datsun 510 Project Car -- $4000

1972 Datsun 510 4 door. Second owner, this has been a project car of long standing (in the garage for 15 years now). If I was going to finish it I would have.

Paint is Glazurit in Brittany Blue Green Metallic, a ~1989 Honda color. All body work and paint was done in 1991, and the car was probably driven less than 4000 miles after that. All new rubber seals at that time, new factory bumpers, new door sills. Door jambs, trunk, and under hood painted. This is the straightest 510 you'll ever see for even twice the price.

Engine is mostly assembled (long block is together), but not in the car. This is a 2.1L "long rod" motor, with a new SSS peanut chamber head ($650 bare), Nissan comp swirl polished and ceramic coated valves, LZ20E 6" connecting rods, LZ22 block bored .040" over. Rallye Sport header and trick high port intake manifold (head ported to match), brand new aluminum flywheel, roadster clutch, etc. Cam is a DAMB cam designed by Kelvin Dietz of Oregon 510 fame ... a nice, quiet, high-revving cam for any L motor. Brand new Datsun comp oil pan ($650), brand new cam spray bar, etc.

Basically there are more new/trick parts on this car than I have time to list. 280ZX trans, 280ZX front brakes, threaded coilover front suspension, the list goes on forever.

I didn't buy any crap parts to put on this car.

The price is firm, and it's a STEAL. I want it out of my garage.

510_2.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.