My truck named Sheila

elfirebeasto

Totally late, as its been hectic around here, but today I checked that return line...idk how much is supposed to flow through the return, but it does flow fuel...however, the flow into the bowl still refuses to stop, even if I have the return line open to the air at the first hard line...perhaps the needle seat is bad and allows fuel to get past the needle into the bowl...or maybe there's a clog right in that first hard line right off the carb. So, knowing that fuel flows freely from that hardline all the way back to the tank and that the supply side is over pressurized, does anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I go about checking/repairing said potential issue? *heads to search bar*

I searched and didn't come up with anything useful, I also checked my chilton manual and it doesn't mention it either. Sorry about this, I feel like checking the seat is a simple process I should know how to do, I've just never worked with carbs before this truck. Also, the needle itself is new, came with the carb rebuild kit I threw in the carb a few months back (hasn't been running much at all since then) but it didn't correct the problem.

Ok, folks, it looks like Sheila is going to be scrapped. Any parts desired? It does have an original Nissan rubber bed mat, if anyone wants that. I thought I'd give you guys the opportunity before that steel recycler. I'd sell the whole truck for $350 cash if anyone is willing to come get it.

Bro, do you have the center console with the guages? also i would like the Big NISSAN emblem on the grille, how much shipped to 91790? Thanks.

FADKL;JKF;LKDAS;KFSDAJ'LKL;JFOVU EOUFOP!!!! so I put a fpr on there, and the fuel overflow problem seems resolved...I do however still have the high idle...it was all the way u p to 4k today. My wife would kind of like me to fix the truck just so we have a truck to haul stuff, rather than an SUV...so I guess I can't part it out just yet. I covered the intake with my hand to try to kill the engine, and it simply wouldn't die...It was putting out a very large quantity of white smoke when it was idling high, and the smoke cut down when the intake was covered...But idk if white smoke means anything in connection to the high idle. What is the possibility that the carb is just shot? Does anyone have a functioning carb they removed and replaced with a webber or something? I'd really like to try a stock carb against my stocker just to see if that helps

• 4 weeks later...