H89 single weber intake/carb needed

Just realized I posted this same add in the wrong section. Sorry guys!

Anyways needing intake manifold for an H89 oval port head. Want to run 32/36 Weber if the adapter plate is available as well. Goin on an '81 b310

Thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is difficult to find. Only the 1980 A14/A15 manifold is the same. 1981-1982 is a smaller manifold at least here in USA. But in Canada they might be OK.

The 1975-1979 A14/A15 manifolds will work except that they do not have water passages. It might work w/o modication or you can plug the three small holes in the cylinder head.

Just be sure the manifold is not from the 65/67 HP engines (round port). It needs to be the larger manifold from an 80HP engine (large oval).

H89 cylinder head - Notice the three small water port below each #2, #3 and #4 intake ports. All the 1980 and newer heads have them, but only the H89 has water ports, closed chambers and large oval ports.

15189.jpg

On my H89 (which came with a used Japan engine), I put a dab of silicone sealer in the water ports and then bolted up a non-water port manifold.

Sorry, I don't actually have an intake to sell you anymore but I can verify that the H89 intake (1980 only ggzilla mentioned) isn't your only option. I have also used the H89 head with blocked water ports and had no problems. You might PM redbanner. I think he has quite a bit of A-series stuff and might be able to help. Good luck on your search.

Still looking for any intake and exhaust manifolds to match up to this H89 cylinder head. Its being bolted onto an A15 block and going into my 1981 b310. the head was off of a GT Light race car and was purchased from Peter Zekert in the USA.

<a%20href=portsideH89.jpg">

<a%20href=H89chamberspreaasembly.jpg">

<a%20href=IMG_1517.jpg">

<a%20href=IMG_1511.jpg">

Any A-series exhaust manifold will bolt up. But the A14/A15 versions flow a bit better than the A12/A13 versions.

Will sell

* cast iron header for GX 83HP - $600

* factory A14E fuel injection 92HP exhaust manifold - $200

* Twin Mikuni kit with two 40mm carbs, intake manifold and linkage - $900

11086.jpg

21846.jpg

24171.jpg

I already have twin Dell'Orto DHLA 40's and port matched intake manifold. I want to have 2 setups for my car.. As far as the other exhaust manifolds.. give me a

day to balance the build budget :blink: and i'll get back to ya..

you guys are top notch by the way for helpin this newbie out!!

So yo think that this exhaust manifold off the original A15 small port head from my build will work with the new H89??.. I knew that heads were interchangable but not the exhaust manifolds! not sure about all this other crap on the back of my manifold though....

<a%20href=IMG_1614.jpg">

<a%20href=IMG_1612.jpg">

That exhaust manifold you have bolts to the intake, so they are a matched set.

The A15 medium oval port 1981-1982

or

A15 round port?

You could put the 1981-1982 manifold including the intake on the H89 head. The port will not match but it'll still run good.

10/4! Been so long since i've had all this stuff outta the boxes!! Look I think I found my solution. Waiting to hear back on an intake and exhaust manifold in good condition with linkage arm for a Weber 32/36 for

75 USD plus shipping... falling alseep at the keyboard.....

That exhaust manifold you have bolts to the intake, so they are a matched set.

The A15 medium oval port 1981-1982

or

A15 round port?

You could put the 1981-1982 manifold including the intake on the H89 head. The port will not match but it'll still run good.

they are the round A15 smog ports... so small...And with the air heater thingy underneath the stock carbs... I be getting ride of the A15 round port head carbs and manifolds anyways

So Im all good here with needing an intake and exhaust manifold now!! got em from someone on here for an awesome price!!!

So now should I take this post off ? can I even take it off since I dont need it on here anymore?

ggzilla i will be in touch very soon... I would still like to have another back up set of manifolds for another little side turbo project so I'll be in touch soon!

Again many humble thanks for the insight and expert advice with everything ya'll!!

now off to the garage for a week!

peace

Congrats. Get that Datsun on the road! Don't forget to give us pics every few days while the upgrade is happening. :-)

Hey thatnks ggzilla!! its been a slow start as i said, and this is my first car

project.. I'm from a 2 wheeled background :blink:

I'm gonna sort out starting a build sheet in the dat pbuild section of the forum next week as I still have a long way to go before she's back to glory so i'll be needing tips along the way.

Anyone who lives in the BC and vancouver Island area hit me up here so i have some guys close by for some face to face build talk and numbers of fab guys as im pretty new to the island.

cheers again all

orbitz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.