L20B Wiring Harness

Hello Ratsun Community. I'm looking for a wiring harness for my 521, it has a L20B in it, at the end of its life, it started to blow fuses until it finally gave out, so wat i'm looking for is an engine bay harness, but id also be interested in getting a complete harness including a fuse box. Let me know wat you have, and price. I'm located in So. CAL 91730. Thanks for looking

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm an extreme noob here, but you might want to look at aftermarket generic harnesses

Painless

Ron Francis

American Autowire

will all come up with a google search. Summit Racing has some of those online in addition to their own house brand.

they aren't exactly cheap, but replacing what you have with junkyard parts might not fix the problem with ~40 year old components

they're all kinda centered on american hotrods and restoration, but i bet something like Power Plus 13 would be adaptable

you would loose the ability to use factory wiring diagrams with an aftermarket harness, but one would expect the harness instructions explain things at least as well

Thanks for the feed back, n its something to think about. I think I may jus go to a mechanic who said he would test everything that is electrical, and since i have two harnesses (original and junkyard found) he said he might be able to make me a semi-new one out of the two n connect everything. I'm more of a mechanical/body person than a electrical person lol but thanks for the feed back, n if it comes down to it i'll jus have to get one of those kits

• 3 months later...

You should say a 521 harness.

Not a L20b harness. All L motors are the same set up. 521s dont know what motor is in there electrically.

You better be good at wiring up stuff otherwise best to fix the old harness. Most times its just corrossion which causess a high resisitance thus popping fuses

find a 521 in jnkyard and pull harness.

or feed the old fuse box with 12 volts and trouble shoot each circut whats not working. Simple

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.