Not as easy as I thought

Datsluv

I just recently traded for a 1969 510 and purchased the t3 front coil overs for the 280zx.i know the parts that are needed to do this upgrade but finding the parts seems to be harder than I assumed. I can find everything new except for the hubs. Can anyone tell me if these can be bought new or not because coming up blank. And the used parts are nowhere to be found in my area.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you buy a set of 280ZX strut assemblies, they should come with the hubs. The rotors mount to the hubs. I doubt new hubs are still available.

When I did my ZX strut/brake swap, I only used the strut tubes/spindles and the hubs from the donor set. I installed new wheel bearings, races and seals on the hubs and I got new rotors and remanufactured calipers and the coilover kit from Ground Control. I have T3 camber plates and top hats with needle bearings.

Coil%20Over%20Struts%20Installed%20002.jpg.opt933x699o0,0s933x699.jpg

VG33%20Progress%20017.jpg.opt933x699o0,0s933x699.jpg

If you need a complete set of ZX strut assemblies, I have a pair for sale. I will not sell the hubs separately though.