1970 Datsun 510 - Engine Bay wiring

datsun65

Need some help identifying what attaches to some of the loose wiring hanging throughout my engine bay.

PHOTO #1 - On driver's side, near the windshield wiper motor. There is a white connector plug, and two additional wires (BLUE and the other BLACK) not connected to anything. What do these attach to?

photo.jpg

PHOTO #2 - On Driver's Side near the front corner of the car (near horn) . There is a relay with four connectors, but only 1 wire currently connected. What relay is this? Where is it suppose to be mounted in the engine bay?

photo-3.jpg

PHOTO #3 - On Driver's Side near front corner of the car. Three wires (B/Y, B/R, B). what does this connect to?

photo-2.jpg

PHOTO #4 - On Passenger Side below the fuse block , by the firewall. What relay is this. How is this supposed to mount?

photo-4.jpg

Photo #5 - On passenger side, below fuse block area. What relay is this?

photo-5.jpg

Photo #6 - Couple of wires near the front of the 510 engine bay. What wires should these attach to?

photo-1.jpg

Thanks, Dan

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some help identifying what attaches to some of the loose wiring hanging throughout my engine bay.

Photo #1 I believe the plug is the carb switch and the wires are for the solenoid... I took this out of my harness.

Photo #2 That is the emissions relay, mounts to driver's side lower radiator bolt.

Photo #3 These connect to the above relay, are also connected to DUAL point dizzy's. I had a dual and went single, I took these wires out (well kept a Bl/R from dizzy to coil neg).

Photo #4 Angle is bad for telling the relay, but I would bet on Headlight relay, mounts to back side of passenger strut tower, look for 2 holes vertically.

Photo #5 Horn Relay, that is where photo 4 relay mounts.

Photo #6 Yellow/Green? That is Low Brake Switch. Bl/Gr is Positive Side coil. Might need a further out pic to help identify further.

• Like 1