The Tax Man Cometh

Nope. Started a new job with a new company. Was expecting that raise. I guess it wasnt as good as i thought.

Not to beat a dead horse but didn't you notice the nice 'raise' you suddendly got on your paychecks (since no federal taxes were being deducted your paychecks would have been more). That would have been my first clue. Oh well, what's done is done. It shouldn't be as bad as you think it will be. You haven't done anything wrong and you might be able to work out some payment schedule so you won't have to pay it all at once. Good luck!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea. Ill try to reach out first thing tomorow.

Yes, ive been telling people years now that the government is getting our money interest free when they over deduct.

I would go and talk to the people at the IRS, now. Before the new (tax) year.

Most people think that when they get a big refund after doing their taxes, that the IRS is paying them money. Reality is you made an excessive interest free loan to the government, and they are returning your money back to you, without paying interest.

Take care of it now. You might be able to avoid any penalties for the last quarter of 2011. You might have to eat beans and rice for a while, but you will get through it.

Beans and Rice. Best news so far. I loooooove beans and rice.

I would go and talk to the people at the IRS, now. Before the new (tax) year.

Most people think that when they get a big refund after doing their taxes, that the IRS is paying them money. Reality is you made an excessive interest free loan to the government, and they are returning your money back to you, without paying interest.

Take care of it now. You might be able to avoid any penalties for the last quarter of 2011. You might have to eat beans and rice for a while, but you will get through it.

This happened to the wife and I about three/four years ago. She switched jobs and the new boss, eventhough she filled out the W4, didn't file it. She stayed there about 6 months and moved back to the old job and the 'new' manager there did the same thing. Took us two years to figure it all out what the heck had happened. IRS is a pain, but they actually worked with me on a payment schedule and everything. I feel for you