Sudo's 93 240SX SE

I originally wanted to trade my 67 520 for something (preferably Nissan or Datsun) that would merge in highway traffic. We recently moved (it's a great time to buy!) and the new place is a 6 mile almost all highway jaunt to work, whereas the old place was 4 miles via city streets. So at the old place the 520 was perfect.

I posted the 520 for trade and a guy came by that gave me almost what I had in it. I didn't think it would get much better than that.

So, after being without a car for 3 days, I bought this:

e8201855.jpg

Runs, drives well. Not great, but well. Needs some minor things. Like a clutch soon, but the first order of business is the steering rack either needs rebuilt or replaced. The interior is really tired and needs redone.

...and 7" wheels?.... really?

acc44f97.jpg

cd6b44db.jpg

f134baa7.jpg

automatic seat belts HAVE to go...

f67d5bcd.jpg

952c2367.jpg

7ff8615e.jpg

4b6bf547.jpg

I need to decide on whether to fix the cruise control or replace the steering wheel with a Grant or Momo.

Luckily there is an 89 240SX FS locally as well that has been wrecked, but the interior is in better shape (at least in pictures) than mine. I have yet to go look at it. But if that works out I'll have a steering rack, a complete interior including uncracked dash, bits and pieces, and an antenna for $350. So we'll see about that.

I'm out of Datsun, but still like to hang around here: the vibe is better than NICO... hence my post.

ttyl

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you plans for the car, easy rider, beefed up DD or you going down the drifter avenue?

So much potential in these cars, I have a few buds in Cali that takes theirs out to Adams Kart track all the time. not sure what your car scene is like in Kansas...

What are you plans for the car, easy rider, beefed up DD or you going down the drifter avenue?

So much potential in these cars, I have a few buds in Cali that takes theirs out to Adams Kart track all the time. not sure what your car scene is like in Kansas...

DD right now. Resto-mod next year. We did just buy a new house so money is tight right now. But, in looking at it, I'd like some lux touches like upgraded seats and sound system, but still kinda stock. If that makes any sense.

I obviously want different/better wheels and tires. I don't need bigger/better shocks and brakes, but if I do end up turbo-ing the KA I'll have wished that I would've. So, I'm looking at modest upgrades to brakes and shocks. My fab skills are limited, so I'm mostly looking for bolt in upgrades. (lots o info on 240sx.org aka NICO) But no plans for a turbo as of right now.

I guess beefed up DD is my answer.

I'm not sure of the scene here either. I'm not really part of it. I'd like to get into some SCCA TT stuff if I can though...

You can do the z32 brake swap up front, if you do the 26mm ones, you can get away without upgrading the m/c, you will have to get the rotors redrilled to 4 lug. I have koni yellow adjustables and rs*r down springs on my 240, I really like em. Cheaper than good coilovers, and better than cheap coilovers. Those are stock wheels painted black, horrible offset. Looks pretty clean overall, does the HUD work?

Yes, HUD works.

I was looking at the z32 or the C30 (or was it J30...?) one of em.

that is good looking out on the Konis. What are "rs*r" down springs. I could search in order to not look ignorant, but I am. Please illuminate me.

rs*r is just a brand name, they offer a down spring and a race spring. The down offers about a 2" drop and slightly stiffer springs, where the race springs are a tad more drop and a much stiffer spring. J30 is another option for the brakes, whichever you come across cheaper. Doing the rears is a huge hassle as the z32 uses a drum style e-brake, so you have to get a complete brake system for the rear. Also you'll have to be careful with wheel choice as the z32 brakes stick out much further.