B13 Brake 'Upgrade'

My car is badly in need of a break replacement. The body is a 4 door 93 sentra XE, and came stock with small disc breaks in the front and small drum breaks in the rear. Needless to say, the modifications to the rest of the car out spec the brakes by a large margin, and currently pose something of a safety hazard.

I'm looking for opinions, or ideas on how to get better breaking ou8t of the car ( both in terms of stopping distance and in terms of preventing brake fade )

Currently I'm trying to decide between either:

A: getting a 'big break' kit for the sentra or

B: replacing the front wheel assembly from a similar year Altima.

IMPORTANT: The car is currently using custom axles that spline to the -original- XE wheel hub. Replacing the hub would have the added cost of having to completely replace the axles.

OICs on Demand.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My car is badly in need of a break replacement. The body is a 4 door 93 sentra XE, and came stock with small disc breaks in the front and small drum breaks in the rear. Needless to say, the modifications to the rest of the car out spec the brakes by a large margin, and currently pose something of a safety hazard.

I'm looking for opinions, or ideas on how to get better breaking ou8t of the car ( both in terms of stopping distance and in terms of preventing brake fade )

Currently I'm trying to decide between either:

A: getting a 'big break' kit for the sentra or

B: replacing the front wheel assembly from a similar year Altima.

IMPORTANT: The car is currently using custom axles that spline to the -original- XE wheel hub. Replacing the hub would have the added cost of having to completely replace the axles.

OICs on Demand.

the 2005 sentra has a brimbo upgrade the rotors are 305mm or 12.0 see if that will work for you

i have the front conversion to use the 300z calipers or wilwood calipers 120-6816

if you need any help email me to krecs1@hotmail.com

Didn't know what to expect when you said your car was severely outstripping your brakes, but damn, a 350 horse SR20 is not what I was expecting. Props.

Not sure how similar all of the hubs and whatnot are between the XE and SE-R, but what about one of these kits:

http://www.jgy.cc/serg20/brakes.htm

No idea what your price range is, but $750 for a big front brake kit seem pretty decent to me.

You'll want to do a rear upgrade as well, maybe a swap to SE-R discs? That and some high performance pads back there, could do the trick, no idea though. No idea about compatibility either.

Edit: Turns out B13 hubs are all the same, so SE-R big brakes should work for you: http://www.nissanfor...ubs-fit-xe.html. Also, I want moar oics.