Installed 300zx Calipers, now wheels wont fit

Sparks

Hello all. i Have a 77 620 that is now running the 300zx 4pot calipers up front. i have 18" kmc wheels all around and another set of rims for studded tires. with the deep inset of the lugs within the rim my wheels fit over the brakes. but with my steel 16" rims there is no way i can get the lugs to contact the rim. the face of that wheel is flat and sits level with the caliper which is now sticking out to where the drum brake didnt go. basically i am looking for some new 16" rims and wondering what dimensions are being used with the 300zx calipers. i would measure my 18s but i am at work on a boat and want to order some rims for when i step off. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

-Sparks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looked online and the rims i have measure 18x8.5 with a 38mm offset. they are kmc dime. studded tires are expensive in that size and i already have brand new 16" studded tires. does anyone know of a standard chevy or toyota rim that will fit over the 300zx calipers? i cant imagine im the only one who has run into fitment issues after installing the 300zx calipers. they are considerable wider than the flat drums.

the snow is starting to fall again here but i have the studded tires on the back. i took some pictures of the rims and ill try to get them off my phone and on here so you can see what im talking about. made a piece of wood to help me simulate the caliper when looking at wheels. from the inner mounting surface of the rim the caliper sticks outboard 1.5 inches. the steel rims i have are maybe one inch away from the mounting surface where they make contact with the caliper. i need some rims with an inboard dish to them. these are the rims i have

http://www.tiresbyweb.com/p-9126-kmc-dime-chrome-wheels-series-km127.aspx

and there is a massive dish inboard with a few inches of clearance between the rim and the caliper. the toyota stock steel rims will not clear the caliper. tried those yesterday. i suppose im on the hunt now for a set of rims that will work with the calipers. more later when i get the pics online.

I had the same issue with my Titans, the best way and right way to fix it is to run 1/4in or 1/2in spacers.I have two 1/4in. all around, and with that you will need to run longer wheel studs ARP makes them that are pretty close to fit. Hope you figure it out, I know how you feel.GL!