720 2 core rad for 72/73 620

datsunfish

I have had the same problem as many others with getting a decent radiator to work in my 72 620.What I ended up with is a wide 2 core from a 720.Not sure what year.The 2 core keeps it skinny enough to fit without the notch out like the later 620s.

What I did have to do is remove the front bumper brackets and modify them.Sorry I did not take pics as I went along.Cut off the vertical part of the bottom about 5" back for clearance.You should weld in some sort of reinforcement that makes it strong again.

Place the rad in place and drill 3/8" holes for the top.Use long bolts with nuts tightened to the rad. flange and put another nut on to space it off of the core support and nut the other side and tighten down.It will take a bit af working it to clear the lower brackets and the hood.The bottom flange can bolt directly to the core support but there is no acces from the front so as long as the top is secure you can use self tappers on the bottom.

Not the best write up or pics but I hope this can help out.

2008_0325Image0024.jpg

2008_0325Image0023.jpg

2008_0325Image0020.jpg

2008_0325Image0019.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic