failed injectors?

mirageshepard

The injectors on my z24I are not working. I even went by the book and jumper wired each injector neg to neg and pos to pos after I turned on the key to pressureize the system....and I dont see anything or hear anything and I know there is enough fuel pressure because I checked that as well.

The system was working when I removed the intake (with TBI still on intake) off the other engine that came out of the truck originaly. Is it possible just to remove the injectors and soak them in something to free them up if they are just stuck? or did I not jump the injector right? I read the pin and wire configuration in the plug to the injectors like it is in the book and even made sure by removing the cap that covers the injectors just to make sure I was jumping the right wires. I searched abit on the forum but didnt find what I was looking for.

Any advice is appreciated!!!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never heard of running jumper wires from injector to injector to prime a system.

Are the injectos getting power? Have you tested the system with a noid light?

What I meant was I jumped each injector seperately with a test light and another wire giving the injector full power straight from the battery neg from battery to neg on injector, pos from battery to pos on injector...sorry for the confusion. its making a circuit but injector isnt doing anything.