Resurrecting the dead~ Frank Honsowetz

albyneau

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would buy Honsowetz for sure - but getting stuff bought off the net to Africa is difficult. I downloaded the book for free, printed every page, and bound it myself - took me days on dial-up. It's without doubt the best auto book I ever read - full of useful info specific to Datsuns and general rebuild hints and info - also entertaining to read. eg: "never, never change more than one thing at a time, or as Holley engineer Don Gonyou says, "You'll lose the rabbit"...

I would buy Honsowetz for sure - but getting stuff bought off the net to Africa is difficult. I downloaded the book for free, printed every page, and bound it myself - took me days on dial-up. It's without doubt the best auto book I ever read - full of useful info specific to Datsuns and general rebuild hints and info - also entertaining to read. eg: "never, never change more than one thing at a time, or as Holley engineer Don Gonyou says, "You'll lose the rabbit"...

Where did you DL it from? Definitely an option, as I've had grease in my cuticles since before I had pubic hair~ so I really only need the application-specific nuts-n-bolts of it: specs, what fits/interchanges what, etc., to add to my Datsun binder....

I don't wish to taint your opinion of Mr. Honsowetz or his book- but there've been others here on Ratsun that had pointed out some MAJOR discrepancies in his data. Hopefully this thread will catch the eye of said critiques and bring forth this info in detail~ as my searches both here and on google have proven for the most part fruitless.

For example: one page shows both factory bore/stroke and possible bore/stroke combinations of L and Z motor parts~ yet I've heard of no one here performing such swaps. There were other threads that shared erroneous engine specs, and others that complained of not enough "airtime" for the 4 cylinders~ the book being more tailored to the L-series sixes of Z-car fame.

In life we have either more time or more money to reach our objectives~ right now time is on my side...

Peace~

Scott

I can't find the site. I thought it was on the 620.com, or datsun510.com, or the 510realm.com, or Datsuns.com - but I can't find it now. maybe it's been taken down... If you like I'll try to email the spec and 'franken' motor pages to you?

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find the site. I thought it was on the 620.com, or datsun510.com, or the 510realm.com, or Datsuns.com - but I can't find it now. maybe it's been taken down... If you like I'll try to email the spec and 'franken' motor pages to you?

That'd be great, Zed! Pm'd you my addy....