sr20det build start questions

71pl510

I just got the s13 sr20det that will be going into my 510 2 door and I have a few questions

1st does any body have a link that I saw a few years back that lists the minimum parts required for a sr20det to run i.e. maf, ecu,etc. or in other words what all can I take off.

2nd does anybody know if any of the kits for the sr20det 240sx from ebay for example are of any use in a 510 I like the cast iron manafolds that are included most likely the radiator won't work (too tall) the intercooler should work and the pipes but not sure how good the turbos are seems like it might be a good way to get most of what I need in one shot then maby replace the turbo down the road when more funds are avalable.

example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-240SX-S13-S14-SR20DET-ENGINE-TURBO-KIT-32-FMIC-/150656535273?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A240SX&hash=item2313d44ae9

yep I think I have read nearly or all the build threads

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like that could work,just would depend on what will work for your set-up. I think every project is different on how you want it to all fit and work. A kit like that might come with everything you need but will it fit were you need it. I pieced all my parts together because on how tight everything was. It's a big puzzle. Wiring it is easy afew wires and 3 relays and it will run. Yep you'll need the MAF,ECU,O2,ignitor chip and harness. Other than that is real easy,engine will just about drop right in the 510. Have fun.