New on the Z area, 1974 260Z Project

Hello all, I'm not new at Ratsuns, I share some stuff at the B210 section.

Recently I found this 1974 260Z project, and my son and I are puting it together buying parts like crazy from craig list here in the Peeninsula area of San Meteo County (Redwood City Ca.).

Hope we can share ideas, and I see lots of nice car pictures, I'll get some pictures some time next week to post here.

So far we have converted the trotle from a solid lincage to a wire/cable linkage using one of those Lokar cables, I just fabricated some little metal brakets for the ends of the cable housing and is done, since some one put two Webbers down draft on this car, and it came with a heater, 2X3 into 2. we are about to get the exhaust pipe purchase from some one ,,,and probably by next week we'll be done.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got some pictures,,sorry for the delay.

yes some one put the engine from a 280z I think....I don't know mutch about this Z class cars ,,I used to hate this line of Datsun,,ha,ha,,not anymore.

so here go some pictures from the carburator site, and from the fire wall teh acelearator cable ..at the fire wall mechanism, I just drilled the Ball off carefully to keep the hole the same seize.

the cable was purchased at my locla autoparts,,it is from a brand: LOkkard, and the cost was $ ~ 65.00 bucks., the bracket I used in the fire wall to hold the cable houseng is purchased from Orchard supply, I just drilled the holes on the braket at the same distance as in the original fire wall distance,,so, no drillin on the firewall, just use the existing holes/screews at the fire wall.

for the carburator side,,,I have to fin a pice of metal,,,and bended about 45 degre,,at one end,,,and drilled a series of holes,,,to match the conections. it's simple,,just patiance.

CarblinkageCarbend-1.jpg

2Carbs-1.jpg

FirewallAcelcable-1.jpg

1974Datsun260Z-1.jpg

hope it helps, I was forced to do this modification,,the car came with peaces of linkage that didn't match at all, so I just went and purchase the cable.

Thanks.