Just got home from Drag Racing at US 131 motorsports park

I had been planning on taking my old S-10 back to the strip and try to beat my old time in the 1/4 mile. I had to beat a 15.03 @ 93mph. My best run was 14.38 @ 94.29 and my second best was 14.55 @ 94.61. I was running 14.7's with street tires until I swapped them out for my circle track tires.

The truck is nothing all that special, just an old S-10 I got in high school. It was a 4.3L V6 Auto but its now a 350 V8 TBI with 5 Speed. I think I lost every race I was in... but it was Test n Tune and this is the first time my truck passed inspection. I ran one time last year but I skipped inspection and drove up to the line and I was off. I did that twice before they caught me :)

There was a few people that were running slower than I was but I didn't get to race them. There was a sweet Plymouth GTX but it ran a 15 flat. It was overheating so he shut it down. There was many muscle cars, almost all tubed out with stacks of money into them. Also a few turbocharged or supercharged tuners, an Infinity with a V8 struggling to stay in the low 15's, VW dunebuggy ran a 14.45, and chevy silverado that ran 17.9.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic