NAPS engine questions?

RacnJsn95

I read it somewhere before, but what is the purpose of having 8 plugs? Everything burns better? Do both the plugs in a cylinder fire at the same time? I've never seen a NAPS rotor, so I dont know...

I picked up a Z22 long block for $200 bucks. It's in pretty decent shape... I've decided to stick it in my 510, so my crazy engine mounting project is kaputz...

What's a stock Z22s have for compression? It came out of an 82 720 2wd auto. I'm wondering if maybe I could make blocking "plugs" and plug off 4 of the spark plug holes on either side of the engine? Then just use the NAPS head, and take advantage of the cross-flow design. Would that make a difference running on 4 plugs instead of 8?

Or maybe rig up a Megajolt system for one side, and run a stock L distributor on the other... I wonder being able to control when the second plugs fire would make any power increase, depending on when they fired?

Just some ideas...

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic