WTB NAPS-Z stock carbed intake

I am helping a friend work on his 83 720 4x4. He blew a headgasket and after the tear down I was inspecting the parts. One of the coolant ports in the bottom of the intake was eaten away, little poking with a screwdriver and it broke through into the intake port.

He is broke as a joke and I will probably end up fronting the money for a replacement.

Anybody got one laying around collecting dust? Willing to sell cheap for a good cause? If I don't find one the truck will probably end up at the scrapyard.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's just the tube with all the bolts on it just get it and have it shipped/. Way cheaper.

720intakeLarge.jpg

I'm not sure what that is in the pic. Here is what I am working with.

010-1.jpg

011.jpg

This truck has had a Junkyard engine swap, maybe this is a newer engine. I was going to set my buddy up with the head from my Z22 which is in much better shape than his, but my head has round intake ports with injector notches and his has those squarish ports.

I am trying a JB weld repair on his intake, but I am still interested in getting a known good intake.

Here is the repair attempt.

016-1.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

I will find out if it worked in the a.m.

If anybody has a good stock intake I am still interested in buying it. The closest junkyard to me is 50 miles away, so it really eats up a day to go looking.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.