4th Annual NorCal HybridZ BBQ

Gollum

I know I don't post too much on here, so first let me express how much of love this site and you people on here. In all honesty, I think this forum pretty well embodies what HybridZ was all about some years ago and is still trying to say it is, to an extent. You people wanted a place where you could express yourself and modify your car how YOU wanted to without someone riding your arse about it. So for that, I love this site and it's people. Where members know what they like and aren't ashamed about it, and don't take much crap for it. You even expand upon this awesomeness by providing REAL and CONCRETE information that actually HELPS the community. It's for all these reason I'd love to see a good turn out from this forum for the 4th BBQ I've put together for the HybridZ members in the Norcal area (though we've had people from as far as bakersfield show up)

006.jpg

So I'm moving the event from our little grove in El Sobrante, to the summit of Mt. Diablo, in the city of Clayton, though most of you will know better where it is when I say it's right next to Concord.

Another change is that I'm opening up the possibility this year to have it on a Sunday! I know some of you simply can't make it out on Saturdays, so I'm letting you vote. Just post your preference if you have one. The optional dates are September 3rd or 4th.

As always the rules are simple. Be into what we're about and you're invited. It doesn't matter if you're driving a Honda wagon or a t-bucket rat rod. Keep it civil with no public displays of stupid and we'll have a great time. The only drawback this year, is being at Mt. D we can't bring alcohol as it's strictly forbidden. I know, a real downer. Parking/Gate fee should be the same iirc, which is $5. I'll be heading up to scope things out a bit, and I'll double check the gate fee at that point. Also don't forget $5 to help cover food. I'll be taking care of as much as possible again, but as always feel free to bring some grub to share, and drink variety is usually what I always desire more of personally. If we can get over 20 committed I'll consider bringing hamburgers again, which I know we all missed last year (or at least I did).

Here's another interesting tidbit. I don't have full details yet, but I'm trying to prepare some prizes for some "unique" categories. My idea is to be in the same vein as the LeMons races and have semi-ridiculous prizes for random things, like "furthest drive" or "geekiest mod". Obviously prizes won't be extravagant, but hopefully it will bring some character to our annual little get together.

Well that's most of the details out of the way, so now let me share why I've move the meet.

Just so we're clear, this has nothing to do with me moving to Vacaville, really. It actually has everything to do with having a fun drive that's worth the trip for some of the longer distance people. We all come together because we LOVE our cars and we love what we can do to and with them. You should at least get to ENJOY your car, even if it's within the legal limits. The drive up Mt Diablo is a great drive, plus there's the added benefit of it still being a very central place to meet for most of us. Most of you would be HARD PRESSED to be unable to get a clear visible shot of Mt D less than 5 miles from your house. Mt D is visible from Napa, Sac, San Jose, Stockton, SF, etc. Though some of us will travel farther than others, most of us should be able to point towards home from the summit and we can all get a visual of where we all come from, which I thought would be fun.

So I hope you join us, and I hope you bring someone along.

1. Gollum & Wife

2. Your Name Here

PS. Maybe if we get enough people committed we can get some shirts made again this year!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KADET510 and wife are in .. Your right..should be a nice cruise from Tracy ..

Ow..rather have it on saturday...but sundays cool too

I'm on here more than you might think. :ph34r: I'll definitely take plenty of pics to share.

KADET510, Glad you're gonna make it. Can't wait to see the car!

Likewise bro!

Trying to gather the whole gang for this event... South bay guys...where you at?? Central valley.... YO !!!!

Likewise bro!

Trying to gather the whole gang for this event... South bay guys...where you at?? Central valley.... YO !!!!

I'd LOVE to see a good ratsun turnout, and I'd love even more for a bunch of south bay people to show up, since I'm always making fun of the ones that complain about it "being too far" yet people show up from bakersfield... So yes, please be pro-active.

Guys on HybridZ were interested in having a shirt again this year, so here's the post. Let me know what you think!

Shirt.jpg

If most of us are happy with this design we can start writing up an order sheet. By the looks it's going to be $25 per shirt (it IS an estimate from the company though) and it seems like there's no extra cost based on size, and you can order up to a 4XL. These are basic cotton t's, not anything fancy like jersey, but I'm still impressed with the cost of such a detailed photo print.

Order turn around is at least 2 weeks, so we'd need to have the order finalized and PAID FOR by August 15th. We can transfer money via Paypal, and I won't move the money until the order is placed, so IF for any reason you need to back out before August 15th I'll paypal the money back, which being within 30 days shouldn't have paypal fees.

I know stuff like this when it comes to "group buys" is a sticky subject around here as of late, so if I need to I'll find another shirt manufacture in which we can all order individually online, but it'll be more expensive for sure, and once shipping is factored in will likely cost closer to $35 per shirt. This probably won't be the path we take unless mods say otherwise.

If we want another shirt color option I'll look into that as well, and I don't think it should cost too much more. This company seems pretty easy to work with. Personally, with all the blue I think it would be tough to find colors it works well with. Black and White T's would be best.

Don't worry about paypal until I've decided there's no major changes, but feel free to voice your interest and opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the last day to purchase a T shirt, but there didn't seem to be too much interest over here. Maybe next year we'll get a ratsun logo put on for you guys!

So far this is looking to turn out to be the best year by far. Not only is the location going to make it one stellar meet no matter what, but I'm anticipating a good 40+ cars and 60+ people. At least half of that should be datsun crowd and I've tried to make sure that the others coming from different spheres will be a good social fit, not just a bunch of ignorant ricers or hellaflush kids. So if someone pulls up in a slammed honda, be nice and give them the benefit of the doubt... until they open their mouth. :D

Sorry, I thought I posted those details.

It will be on the 4th - Sunday. I normally show up around 9-10am, and people slowly start filtering soon after and most people are there by 1pm. People are always welcome to hang out and chat as long as they want, but I'll be packing up the grill and stuff by 5pm.

Just wanted to check in with everyone and let you all know that things are going well for the meet and we're looking to have at least a 25+ car meet and I'm anticipating being ready for 40+ as there's always a ton of people that don't respond online.

I hope to see a bunch of you there, and I really hope for a good 510 showing! Bring a friend, have a good time! Just as a reminder, try to be there by 11am or so to make sure you get your food and a good parking spot. Bring $10 for the gate and $5 for your food. No alcohol (park rules) and no showboating (my rules).

See you on September 4th.