71' 510 Windshield and weather stripping

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can get you new windshield for 200 same as mine and i have the rear one used 40

Is that a new one? yeah if its in good shape sounds like a good deal to me dont need a rear thats just fine.

Is the front oem qaulity or is it a chinese remake ive read about some windows coming apart

• 4 weeks later...

your talking about the rear seal right?

not the actual window?

Ive not had good luck with the rear one from socal. Ryan had the same issue .They cracked in the corners after a couple of months I installed the full kit from them

• 2 months later...

your talking about the rear seal right?

not the actual window?

this is Mike from datsunlandsocal, sorry to hear about the cracking ,but it happens 2% of the time. i'm currently working with the manufacture to resolve this issue. i will send you a FREE replacement, you can do the following for me.

1-need a copy of the 510s current registration.

2- need pictures of the corners that are cracked, with the window installed.

3-to save on shipping costs just cut out the corners and send them back to me.

4- if this happends again repeat steps 1-3 for as long as you own the 510.

please pass this along to anyone having this happening to them!

thank you inadvance,

Mike

datsunlandsocal

If you can't get NOS or if it's too much money go to Ebay Australia and buy the Ausie weatherstripping I've heard lots of good things about their aftermarket weatherstripping from several People! Not so good feedback from Datsunland from quite a few people..

Here's the link for Ausie weatherstripping:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DATSUN-NISSAN-510-1600-BLUEBIRD-FRONT-Windscreen-Rubber-/120788931498?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1f94d3aa

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.