ka heater

dvaet

i was thinking about getting rid of my heater because i live in california and the car isn't a daily driver. also i dont think it works lol.

on to the question

heaterstuff.jpg

can i just block off any hose that runs to the heater? and if i do this will there be any ill affects on my engine?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would repair what others have damaged and get the motor back to stock...chances are they blocked off the TB lines to keep the intake temperatures a little cooler, you can do this, just make sure the TB is bypassed properly. The TB lines should just be connected together, they may have stuck a bolt in the end of the TB line and hose clamped it in. If that is the case, simply find the TB coolant lines and hook them together. The reason the TB has coolant going through it from the factory is to prevent the TB from icing over in cold conditions and to make it so the engine warms up faster in colder weather.

I would say if you are having any troubles figuring out the lines, see if there is a car at your local junkyard with the hoses hooked up right so you can see how it works, or perhaps pics on the internet to give you an idea of which hose is which.

Either way, you may still have a plugged heater core, which would explain why it may not get warm. The way to test if the heater core and valve are working is to try to pump some low pressure water through it(hooking it up and leaving the return line off then bumping the motor and shutting it off when coolant sprays out works well, but is messy)...make sure if you take a garden hose to it you have that sucker turned WAY down, because your heater core was designed for pressures around 10-20 psi, and a garden hose can often have 40 PSI or more!