motor/tranny mounts needed

mine are shot so i tried to order the parts with www.oemnissanparts.com and recieved the reply via email "Ran a locater but no one including nissan has the insulator-mounts." and all the aftermarket stuff from the few auto parts stores that say they still carry these parts doesn't look right at all. anyone have a line on this stuff or alternate options?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get them from another scrapped 521.

The motor mounts for the 620 L16 are the same so possibly the 510 ones are too.

These things never wear out but will rot if oily.

that is the problem both the passenger side and rear are crusted with oil

there is a considerable amount of teeter-totter action on the rear mount with slight cracking on its edges and the passenger side mount is a bit softer than the drivers side mount with what appears to be a slight to moderate gouge (like someone dragged a large flat head screwdriver across the rubber) but no actual tears. how important are the motor mounts anyways? with a complete engine overhaul and a complete transmission rebuild and limited mechanical knowledge i feel like i am trying to overcompensate and becoming slightly O.C.D. in the process.

The rubber isolates vibration and noise from the frame or body. They do support the motor and tranny in place too. Get a 2x4 and carefully pry up on the block and try to lift the engine off the mount. It should give slightly (it is rubber after all) but should not separate. The motor will move slightly when running or being revved, this is normal.

thank you, you are really helping this dummy out i will give that a go once i get the engine and tranny back in the truck. any advice on the tranny mount? the rubber seems to be intact but when i was gingerly stress testing it in my lap it felt like i could tear it in two with my hands if i tried hard enough. i normally buy people beer when they give me a hand with the truck. let me know and i'll mail you a 6er.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.