AEM EMS timing horror

MylilDime

Hey guys, pretty new to the forum so i apologize for any noob posting. Hopefully someone with some expereince with the AEM EMS can chime in so save me.

I have a 71 510 with a L28et swap, controlled by an aem ems.

Car was running perfect, i let it sat for over a week and the battery died, but when I swap in a new battery the car refuse to start. While cranking "stat sync" won't come on. I than set the ems to skip crank sync and it'll start with a little bit of chugging but it'll start and run. Now the problem is the AEM shows a hideous amount of timing and syncing errors.

I've tested the cam/crank sensors and it is good, i've tested the wires coming out of the sensors and into the AEM and it's good, i've used a timing light to test ignition timing against the value of the EMS and it's spot on. So what else can be causing the timing error? Nothing new has been done besides replacing the battery. Could it be a bad ground somewhere, if so where, or can too much emi cause this?

Any insight is really appreciated, thanks in advance. And please let me know what other info is needed.

Denny

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic