Dad wrecked his motorcycle

Came home from work tonight to find out from my mom that my dad wrecked his motorcycle riding with my uncles in Michigan.

Apparently, he hit a pot hole (or something, I really don't know the whole story) and when he did, it bent both rims, bent the frame, and cracked the radiator when the frame bent.

Really sucks, because it was a special edition 1 year only 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak. The bike that started the flat black craze in production bikes.

He bought it right off the show room floor back in 2007 after seeing it at a motorcycle show. Took pride in this bike, and he took great care of it. Just re-built the front forks, put new tires on it, and re-greased the driveshaft. Bent frame means that theres a 95% chance it will be totalled out, and he will never have one like it again.

Don't have after oics yet, but this is it.

DSC_0436.jpg

0710_crup_03_z+2007_kawasaki_vulcan_1600_mean_streak+right_side_view.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's okay, I trolled his Vulcan forum and read up a little more, since he won't answer his damn cell phone. dry.gif

The frame is NOT actually bent, however the radiator is broken, and both rims bent, as well as possible front fork damage. Insurance will cover it, which is good since the rims are powder coated and cost about a grand each, and only available from Kawasaki.

Wow that must have been a big ass pothole.

Glad he is ok, my dad laid his bike down when I was in 4 th grade.

He road his Harley everyday in Arizona. One day I came home from school and as I openned the door I saw my dad screaming in pain pissing in a Gatorade bottle while my mom was digging rocks out of his back and ass with needle nose pliers.

He had really long and thick hair that was always in a braid tied behind his back, when he laid it down he hit the back of his neck on the gutter so hard it cut it completely off.

He still has it nailed to his garage wall next to his bike.

So when i read the title I was hoping for the best