any sand blasting media tips or tricks?

im getting ready to blast my frame with media blaster. i have had poor results from my last evolution trying to blast my engine but learned later it was definitely operator error.

so, i went back to the drawing board and decided to fix my blaster with new shut-offs and fittings but then, google research, i started to see people having different set ups that swear they work.

if you got a minute to chime in, please tell me how you have your set up and what works best for you.

ive seen people custom make there piping using 3/8 fittings and tubing to a HF media tank

ive seen someone make a quick connect fitting with a filter on it just before the gun on a syphon system

ive seen 1/4 set ups and 3/8 set ups

i just want it to work

this is what i have:

50lb. harbor freight media "eggy" container...broken filter container and shut offs that are all getting replaced

30 gal craftsman air compressor

and last used 80 grit HF media material.

any help.

if you need oictures i will post.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the compressor tank I have 20ft of 1/2in. aluminum pipe along the garage wall to a T fitting with a drain valve and more pipe going up to a second T with a regulator/trap or straight air. With the long tubing no water gets as far as the regulator trap.