Desperate for a 79 210 wagon fuel tank

As the topic states, I'll pay a $25 bounty and up to $150 (negotiable) plus shipping for a clean usable "no leak's" wagon fuel tank. Let me know if you have something or know where one is.

The story, I searched locally for someone who would clean the sealer crap out of the woody tank. Removed it 4 weeks ago and dropped it off as we left on vacation. Planned on returning and the tank be finished. Upon return, the repair shop said they had acid in it for almost a week, with little result in removing the red-ish sealer stuff inside. Promised another week, still barely touched and sitting in a corner. I asked, "do you really want to repair this tank, or should I take it somewhere else?" He apologized and said to check with him in a few days. Last Sat, week 4 stopped in, still sitting in a corner, but now I could clearly see more holes where the acid ate through all around the tank where it was thin. They asked me to come back later and they would get to work on it. When I returned, they had cut a rectangular section from the bottom, about 12" X 24" . I'll post pictures, when I arrive home next weekend. I've decided that they clearly have no idea how to repair the tank and probably have ruined it. So, please, send or call me with lead's as to a good tank.

Thanks

Dana 404-seven three five - 6100

Also, if you feel you have the skills to repair the tank, let me know, I'm willing to ship it anywhere!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hitch, take it to Garage Zero in Winters Chapel. Talk to John. Those guys are some mad fab artists and would easily be able to tackle this. They tackle Datsun's, Toyota's, and other oldies with no problem.

What shop is this? I wanna make sure they never get my business.

Search Here

I saw a couple fuel tanks for the wagon and they are fairly inexpensive.

Thanks dryheat, I only found one listed at Charles, but the car was crushed weeks ago.

Still looking, so let me know if you have any lead on one at all. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Tank finally was finished on Friday. Held off two more days just to make sure the sealer was cured. Put a couple of gallons in it to check, the entire bottom leaked like there was nothing there. They had put a patch over the hole they cut out, then pop rivited it in. Sprayed undercoat over it to cover the repair. The sealer inside did no good, so, I'm back to square one, after a six week down time. I'm still looking for a rebuildable tank, thanks to anyone who can point me in a good direction.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.