intake plumbing for ka swapped 510

MINItech760

i just finished my ka swap in my 72 wagon,and in all the write ups ive seen, everyone seems to have a nice long pipe with a 90 at the end

near the throttle body that locates the maf and filter on the drivers side

I cant seem to find anything like it without buying some ridiculous kit for a different application and only using half of it.

where can i find one?

i searched the forum and couldnt find a thread on this, anyone thats finished a swap care to chime in?

any suggestions would be appreciated, the cheaper the better, but not pvc, thats just ghetto

are you guys just running part of the s14 intake? it looks different online than in the builds

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have swapped a few 12v ka motors I just buy those elcheapo ebay air tube kits and cut and splice the bend and weld it back together to fit the sohc. I assume on a dohc they might bolt on if your radiator isn't in the way just a guess though.

i dont have a tig, only mig and arc, so i cant really cut and chop, otheriwse id just make my own. lol.

so you modify an ebay 240sx intake tube?

in the pics ive seen, everyone seems to have it (the pipe) running right against the valve cover,

but the intakes im seeing have 2 bends, and run further forward, i could see modifying it, but it has the

3 fittings for pcv and vacuum, what happens to them, dont they end up in the way after shortening?

On my single slammer I'm just using the factory black plastic one( well assuming its a stock one)

It ain't nuthin fancy

ive seen alot of people doing that with the single cams, i wonder if i could squeeze one of those on my DE?

theres tons of them in the junk yards down here, hardly scraps remain of the dohcs though. evrybody wants the KA24de's

its like the late 90's all over againblink.gif