wanted: L series 620 tailshaft

yyyyyyyeo,

i need the front section of the tailshaft from an L equipped 620 :) ive got a J and are converting to L soon and to save hassle id rather hit a stock datsun part than have something made

the main trouble is, all the 620's in australia came with J's and not L's, so are there any handsomes in america that can help out? :hug:

just need the front section of the tailshaft is all, also need the center bearing to be in good nick and the rubber retainer bit to be in good condition too

thanksssssssss

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a extra one from a 79 short bed. Shipping to australia would be expencive. Im thinking $45 plus shipping PM me you info and I will check on shiping cost if you are still interested.

yyyyyyyeo,

i need the front section of the tailshaft from an L equipped 620 :) ive got a J and are converting to L soon and to save hassle id rather hit a stock datsun part than have something made

the main trouble is, all the 620's in australia came with J's and not L's, so are there any handsomes in america that can help out? :hug:

just need the front section of the tailshaft is all, also need the center bearing to be in good nick and the rubber retainer bit to be in good condition too

thanksssssssss

So you are changing the transmission length when you swap motors????

Our J motors used a 'short' ( about 26") F4W63 4 speed when installed in the older 520. Later trucks with the L16 used a similar length transmission. As the 620 evolved it got a stronger and longer (31.5") F4W71B 4 speed. So the 620 does come with a longer driveshaft for the earlier F4W63 and a shorter for the later F4W71B.

I would think it's just got to be easier and cheaper to just have one made there.

• Like 1

sorry fellas i forgot about mentioning that

ive got a 5speed bluebird box to go in, which is a longer trans than the 4 speed column ive got now. i just measured the trans, its about 31" to my eye so id dare say its the latter of the two boxes you're talking about there mike (~31.5")

my current J 4speed box is around 26-27" to my eye, fair innaccurately measured by me though heh

i didnt know of the differences between front sections of the tailshaft :( i did search for a few 5speed swap threads and didnt find mention of tailshafts, maybe didnt search deep enough though

excellent info as per usual mike :D thanks man

so i guess i'm after the later year front section, the shorter of the yoke sections for an L series 620 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.