210 alternator!

privateer

My 210 is not charging! it has the stock alternator[hitachi] and the wiring is all stock except for a button starter wired directly to the battery and starter. i have been reading some of the other topics and still not quite sure how it applies to my 210, 1.5l i see that my white/red stripe wire is disconnected where it comes out of the harness,I don't see any wires that are nearby that could have connected to this one. all alternator wires are stock and connected!, the only other wire in the area is a black/yellow one also disconnected. alternator has been checked and puts out 14.5 on the bench, but nothing to the battery, HELP PLEASE!!?? ;)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The red/white wire is gonna be your idiot light. If it's disconnected, it wouldn't hurt to hook it back up. Check your fusible link at the battery and make sure the harness at the battery isn't corroded or damaged.

Check to see if your alt is getting 12V at the power wire on the back.

ok i put on a fusible link i rebuilt, checked and cleaned all connections and viola!! 14.4 at the battery!! would like to hook up the other wire but as i said nothing there to hook to so i'm not sure where it went!!

cool.gif Just like I thought.

Locate the red/white wire on the autochoke relay. it should be connected there as well as to the back of the gauges at the idiot light.