ka24e

BRE_dAtSuN

Might be trading my l20b with dual mikuni's for a complete ka24e swap... motor,trans,ecu,harness,fuel pump,reversed crossmember....

basicly i was wondering if anyone local with knowledge on the swap could possibly help... i do understand there are write ups and such but theres nothing like someone who has done it before... also how long do these swaps usually take someone... i dont want to get stuck on thw wiring and be out of a car for long...

also does this sound like a fair trade... the ka is going to be rebuilt also

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The swap is actually pretty straight forward, especially if you have everything you need, and from what you have posted it looks like you have most of the stuff needed.

As for wiring someone here makes a fuse box to wire up a KA rather very simply.

Funnest time is banging out the trans tunnel, to fit the KA trans, and you will need to customize your trans mount, and drive shaft will have to be shortened. You will also have to stick your fuel pump in the tank, unless you go with a external one, and return lines will have to be ran.

I kept my KA carbed, so I wouldn't have to deal with the fuel crap, and created a manifold to mount some SU's on it

I could probably help you out, as Im located in San Diego, go ahead and send me a PM.

Here is a pic of mine in experimental stages as Im running a set of 44mm SU's as my carbs of choice :).

208102_10150176335997277_548937276_6468603_4876295_n.jpg

P.S. Im in a process of making a whole write up on my setup, and manifold.