getting to work on my Datsun 620

hey everybody,

im excited to be back into cars, i used to have an S14a with a blacktop S14 SR20 in it, but i sold it when i started college because i didnt have the time or money to go to the racetrack anymore. since then ive gotten into motorcycles, cafe racers and bobbers to be exact. but i just picked up a datsun 620 to get around and to haul motorcycles with, its the coolest little truck! i drove it home (2 hour drive) and everything seems to work well.

i've got a list of things to do to it, like re-upholster the bench seat, paint it, powdercoat the wheels, ect. but before i start making it nice looking, i want to fix a few small mechanical issues before they persist and get worse.

heres the new 620 i just got:

130464c7f57443ed892354dfc438cc8d_7.jpg

then i lowered it a few inches, its still not as low as i wanted, but it'll work for now. the previous owner said he had put more intense leaf springs on it because he had a camper, so i think it was a little higher than stock... also, the rear is super bouncy, im not sure if thatd be because of the shocks or because of these leaf springs. anyone have any input?

photo-12.jpg

anyway, heres my motorcycles (in progress):

5015570170_0115d0e06e_b.jpg

5040777588_5dbc6922f1_b.jpg

and heres my old S14:

0464-1.jpg?t=1301032584

campercopy-2.jpg?t=1301032583

Aug3010902.jpg?t=1301032566

thanks!

Greg

• Replies 4
  • Created