71 521 Asheville NC $1600-$1800 and rising

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hand-applied flat black paint "accents" -flaking off to reveal clean original white underneath - plus sections like this vertical strip where it looks like tape was applied to do a test-mask? -during he paint distressing process...

521detail3.jpg

Isn't this the garage zero truck???? I love that!!

Wonder if that "test mask" area was originally a reflective strip the owner had put on?

Yes, this is the garage zero truck. I love it too. The test mask area may well have been a reflective strip. It's definitely interesting! A fellow from TN came down today (after I sent him some hi-res pics) and left with the 521 on his trailer. Nice kid- happy new owner - and I referred him to Ratsun. He plans to put it "on the ground" which is fine by me. I like 'em low, and judging by the previous projects he showed me pics of, it'll happen. I'm happy the truck went to an enthusiastic new owner. As predicted, the clean underside and solid mechanicals impressed the new owner, despite the "unusual" exterior paint. Look for it here with the new owner??? I've promised my support in matters Datsun... I think we may have a new Ratsuner!

Sold today, please remove "for sale" ad as appropriate

sweet. I'm glad the truck is staying in the SE!

I woulda bought it and brought it back to garage zero if I had the cash... I want a truck to DD