Good machine shop in or around Everett?

Can anyone recommend a good machine shop around Everett, WA. I have a pair of 280zx struts that need cut down and re-threaded. I have tried 3 shops so far, two of them turned me down and the other wants $200 per strut! :blink: Yikes!

-Erick

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how far you're willing to go, but my husband is currently having an engine for our 510 worked on by a guy down in the White Center area (south Seattle). I guess if you get desperate enough he may be worth a shot. I'm not sure how much he does outside of engine work, but I guess it may be worth asking. I'll direct my husband to this thread if you have any questions regarding the guy.

309 South Cloverdale Street # C5

Engine Machine Service

Seattle, WA 98108

206-766-9810

• Like 1

Its pretty easy to do yourself, if you or a buddy has a welder then it can be done in a couple hours. Thats with just cutting a section out and reattaching the threaded part.

It would be easier to cut a section and weld back together but the struts I picked up at the junkyard has trashed threads. The car was riding around with a gland nut backed all the way out of the strut tube! :blink:

Ive only messed with shortening 510 struts so I dont know about the others but are they the same size tubes? If so you could probably find a junk pair of 510 struts for cheap or your old ones and attach the threads from the 510 strut. Just trying to help, if that shop datwifey suggests ends up being expensive then I know a guy who just started a machine shop that could probably do it for cheap, I dont have his number on me though.

• 2 months later...

Your Location says Ilwaco/Seattle, but you're looking for a machine shop in Everett? :blink:

How about Bothell, near Canyon Park? I had him machine the bell housing cut from a roadster 4-speed:

Brad

X-Act Machine Services

21502 Meridian Drive Southeast

Bothell, Wa 98021-7589

(425) 487-4325

Haven't used 'em, but got a good recommendation for:

Jay's Automotive Machine Shop in Everett

across the street from WalMart on Hwy. 99

425-347-8812

Your Location says Ilwaco/Seattle, but you're looking for a machine shop in Everett? :blink:

How about Bothell, near Canyon Park? I had him machine the bell housing cut from a roadster 4-speed:

Brad

X-Act Machine Services

21502 Meridian Drive Southeast

Bothell, Wa 98021-7589

(425) 487-4325

Haven't used 'em, but got a good recommendation for:

Jay's Automotive Machine Shop in Everett

across the street from WalMart on Hwy. 99

425-347-8812

I work aboard ships. Most of the time they are docked in Seattle for the winter but this past winter was in Everett. I'm back at work now though, just had dinner at In and Out burger Fishermans Wharf, San Francisco. :cool:

I tried Jays machine shop in Everett, he only dose engine work.