Z24I rebuild, whats the best parts?

mirageshepard

As I've mention in earlier posts I'm deciding on either just temporarely fixing the engine in the truck which is z24I or leaving it alone till I can rebuild the z24S & swap it in using top end (TBI & intake) off the z24I. Well I've decided to just rebuild the z24S biggrin.gif . I was going to send off the whole engine to a local engine builder & have him go threw it all & once & he was gonna charge me $1400 for everything, but I decided just to tear it down & send off the bottom end with parts whether its different pistons & stock style rings...etc etc etc. I'm thinking about using a diff cam when I send off the head or having the cam in it reground, & yes I know that I can't get to crazy with cam because valves will hit (I've read a little on this site from the guru's).

Now I know what I want to do, what brand name parts & kits do you recomend?

What type piston kit would be a good upgrade to this engine & where is the best place to get them?

Whats the best gasket kit? factory stuff or certain aftermarket brand name?

What little things through the engine would be a great idea to mod or check out with in reason?

If any thing else would be a good idea, please let me know!

I'm just trying to rebuild this engine as a work horse untill I can save the money to either build a wicked KA or a VK swap (yes I figured titan v8 would be an extremely tight fit lol)

OK guys & gals I'm going to let this simmer & hopefully when I return.....I'll see some guru stuff laugh.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic