New here

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got rid of the knocking sound, you know, the sewing machine under the hood, and my oil pressure jumped to 45, how would u ask? i called my uncle whos an old time mexican mechanic and he told me to run some motor flush take down the oil pan and clean the return screen for the oil, well i did all that, all the crud that was released with the motor flush was at the bottom of the pan, and the screen wasnt as dirty as i was thinking it was gonna be, so, i cleaned it, new gasket and new oil pan gaskets, and filled her back up with some 15-40w for diesel (thats what my uncle told me to put in it before i change the oil again) and a quart of Lucas stabilizer, and voila!! the sewing machine under my hood got 70% quieter!! no i can drive and listen to other noises she might be making hehehe, my uncle did tell me that she might need a lucas at every oil change, hes never given me bad advice, what do u guys think? i seeem to remember reading mixed reviews about lucas products here. sorry i was too busy to remember to take pics, and my fone would have been all greasy,i did already smoke a kid in a wrong wheel drive accord hehe, it was sweet he never saw it coming. I will prolly ask u guys for some more advice later. bye for now...