Here's a 521 guarenteed to steal your heart

Roger

http://reno.craigsli...2064076651.html

I contacted them and they sent a couple of other pics--all showing the same sides of the truck. All the pics were taken 2 years ago, as I zoomed in on the tag sticker and it showed 4/09 in Nevada. It was just painted then. You could see the oversprayed paint on the leaf springs and passenger's corner of the windshield. The absolutely beautiful maroon paint was sprayed over school bus yellow. They seem to be selling is as it looks in these pics, but Iam sure it is a two year old paint job with yellow places now showing through from parking lot mishaps. The price is right, though, but it wont look good for long, I fear. I asked about painting it and if it was prepped correctly for a change of color. they started talking about damage on the side of the truck that is not shown in the pics. They said that it was taken down to bare metal and repaired and painted. At first Ithought that they ment the entire truck and I was hot to buy it. Only the damaged area was stripped to metal. They painted maroon over yellow two years ago and show those pics when trying to sell it today. It is in Reno. Runs good they say. Only $1500 and probably worth it, but they seem to be slightly misrepresenting it.. They said I wold get more pics last night, but they have not arrived.

That stripe is way cool. It tapers out as it turns the rear corner and does not continue along the tailgate at all. Wow!

I had to wrench myself away from this truck, and I ran home. :>)

3n73oa3p65V25X45R2abga25efab21d9916b4.jpg3m83o63l35T35P45R2abg58845741f2471079.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the arrangements fell through on going up there to look at this truck, as it is 1300 miles away from me. So if anyone is interested it looks to be a clean truck other than alot of overspray in the engine bay. really sucks because i wanted this truck bad, lol oh well. Hope someone gets it and enjoys it.

Well the arrangements fell through on going up there to look at this truck, as it is 1300 miles away from me. So if anyone is interested it looks to be a clean truck other than alot of overspray in the engine bay. really sucks because i wanted this truck bad, lol oh well. Hope someone gets it and enjoys it.

I was told by the mother of the owner that the original color was a school bus yelliow. Did you really want a maroon 521 painted over yellow?? Those pics are two years old. I have two others, but cannot send them to the ratsun forum for some reason(I'm an idiot). They show the tag as now being long expired. I think it just came out of the paint shop where those pics ere taken and are not good representations of how it looks today.
  • 2 weeks later...

I was not too concerned with the color or overspray as I would have eventually stripped it down and repainted it a different color anyway but its not a big deal now anyway since I was not able to buy it. And ya i didnt know the pics were that old as when i zoomed in on them i couldnt make out a clear date on the tags, That was part of the reason I decided not to drive that far to look at it as I might have been disappointed when I got there. Going to look a little closer to home now.