Datsun 510 Wagon Solid rear end

I got a complete rear end, drum to drum, that came out of my running 72 datsun 510 wagon. From what i know it is the stock 3.9 gearing, due to the fact that the wagon was originally an automatic. worked well, no crazy burn outs. I ran it with my ka24de for a bit with not so great tires. So, the rear end has not seen a lot of abuse.

60 buckaroos, come pick it up. I'm in Orange County, CA.

Thanks!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know the width drum to drum?

I'm interested in putting it in a non datsun vehicle.

Also can you confirm the gear ratio... it's easy to check. Have a friend hold one drum in place. Mark the pinion yoke and the other drum with a paint pen or tape. Spin the other drum two full rotations and count the number of rotations the pinion spins. If it spins 3 1/4 times that's a 3.25:1 ratio. a 3.9 means the pinion should spin almost 4 times.

I'm up in the bay but would drive down if it looks like the axle would work.

thanks

-Bill

williammertz@hotmail.com

I got a complete rear end, drum to drum, that came out of my running 72 datsun 510 wagon. From what i know it is the stock 3.9 gearing, due to the fact that the wagon was originally an automatic. worked well, no crazy burn outs. I ran it with my ka24de for a bit with not so great tires. So, the rear end has not seen a lot of abuse.

60 buckaroos, come pick it up. I'm in Orange County, CA.

Thanks!

Do you still have the rearend? What major city are you near? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.