I need help identifying these fan shrouds

I've got this warehouse full O Datsun stuff, and I live all the way at the southern end of Florida so I am as far away as I could be from you in the US, plus about four hundred miles.

My brothers, our father and I inherited it from my uncle and most of the stuff is too bulky for shipping at a bargain price.

Fan shrouds, however, are not. :lol:

So, I got all of them out and snapped some pictures. If you can ID any of these, that would be fantastic. If you want to buy one, send me a PM and throw me an offer. Anything I get ID'd I will post here; anything nobody offers me anything on will eventually be eBayed. I know that this (on some level) flies in the face of the forum rules, but if you search my post history you can find me discussing the situation I am in; in short, I am trying to get these parts out to anyone who will use them rather than a dumpster, but the dumpster is looming on alot of it. I know some of you from other forums (hybridz, Zcar.com, USMB) so if you do not know me, please don't pwn me for a TOTAL n00b.

Cut to the chase:

ResizeofIMG_0383.jpg

1. Despite the differences, size and fitment this is very close, if not identical to 4. It also has a section of metal around the fan.

2. This one is metal; all the rest are plastic.

4. This one has a tag on it that says 2/80 200SX coupe, so I guess those are identified.

1, 2, and 4 are all virtually the same size, 3 is somewhat larger but not much.

ResizeofIMG_0384.jpg

5. This looks (what is there, at least) identical to 6

6. This looks like a mirror image of 8, with right side and left side switched, as well as top and bottom? It looks to somehow be a variant of 5 and 6.

7. This one is grey plastic where all the others are black.

5, 6, 8 same size, 7 slightly larger. All of these are noticably larger than the first picture, and noticably smaller than the Z car or the pickup truck.

ResizeofIMG_0385.jpg

9. This is an S30 Z-car if I am not mistaken. Not sure if we want to part with these, but if you want to make me an offer on one of them I/we could consider it.

I also have a radiator with the shroud from my uncle's 83 1/2 720 4x4. I was planning on scrapping the radiator VERY soon, but not the shroud.

The first pic I take to be 1200/210 style, the second pic probably 510/small L4 and the third is Z-car/4x4.

Chances are that these shrouds can be hung on to for some time at least, but don't dawdle. Shipping cannot be much and I don't need much by way of pocket-insulation for them. They're fan shrouds, I want you to use them to increase the efficiency of your cooling fan. Chances are yours crumbled away years ago, am I right?

Thanks for the help, guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty hard to ID from a picture. They all look roughly the same. Have to put them on a radiator to see, and figure out if the fan clears the hole or not. Not sure there's much market for fan shrouds. Most people just switch to electric fans or run without.

• 3 weeks later...