The 79 210 woody needs carb help

hitch

The stock carb seems to have a slight off idle stumble, it really became noticeable when it got cold last week. It idles great, has good power, gets great mileage. I've taken care of all of the standard stuff, tune, wires, plugs, cap, rotor. It just stumbles and acts like it wants to stall when given gas from idle. I don't see or hear any fuel from the accelerator pump. It is hitch girls daily driver, so I'm looking for advise. Do I rebuild it? Are the online rebuilt carbs worth the price? I have a good weber, but it was almost to much carb for my stock L-16 back in the day, so I don't think it would be the best selection for the 1.5.. Opinions? I would really like to keep the woody completely stock and the fuel economy is great. Is there a difference in carb rebuild kits, suggestions will be gladly accepted for a source for the kit. Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you mean by a slight "off idle stumble". Can you give a better description. Do you get the same stumble after the Woody warms up? Does the Choke kick in upon starting? I didn't know it got cold in Georgia. :P :D

I got a carb from National Carburetors in Florida last week and installed it in my B210 so far so good. Cost came to $220.

As you know you should try to fix the problem before buying a newly rebuilt carb, you might have developed a vaccuum leak, your distributor advance vaccuum could be leaking. I had that problem. Change your fuel filter to keep contaminants out.

Hot or cold, when you step on the gas for normal take off, it feels like it is going to die and will, unless you nearly floor it or pump the pedal. Daughter said it is much worse this week, been in the mid to high 40's the last week early morning. The choke works fine, I did replace the fuel filter also. I did spray carb cleaner all around the carb, no change in the way it ran unless it was directed down its throat. I'm running premium with sea-foam this week, but I still think it is the accelerator pump. Rock Auto does not list a carb kit for this one. I've purchased some after market parts lately that have been real junk, I'd rather get a quality rebuild kit or a quality re-manufactured carb. I think the one on the car is probably in better condition than some rebuilds. The car only has 70k and was really a grandma driven car.