68 4 dr round 2

jnec510

ok so i am back again building my 1968 510 4dr. i traded both my dattos a year ago for my big ugly dodge to a kid who had no idea what to do with 2 projects. so lat last month i got a call from him askin me if i wanted them back. i said of course. so dragged them back home an went at it again with alot more knowlegde this time. i gave the 69 2dr to a friend an decided to build the 4 dr. (i love the suicide wipers). i decided to take a lil diffrent aproach this time tho. last time i hit them hard and fast just to get them street legal. now i want it done right. i figure the build should take me about 6 months or so to be running. depending on funds. so i got her home an started stripping her again. i got alot of rust to take care of. i got a few ideas stuck in my head. and this is the outline i hope to follow

Running gear;

ka24de and 5 speed

z driveline

rabbit radiator

hockey puck motor mounts

costum made trans crossmember

subi lsd rear diff

Suspension:

front gonna go with 240sx hubs

200sx crossmember narrowed

200sx power rack an pinion steering

200sx lower control arms

180sx front brakes

megan s12/s13 coilovers

rear brakes will be maxima calipers with 200sx rotors

dont think i will change the rear susp. just might do some bracing in key areas

also plan on doing power door locks remote keyless entry brand new wiring harness air con an maybe a roll bar. maybe

thats what i got so far. i will post progress an pics as i go along. i am saving up some money to buy a decent mig welder. all i got right now is 2 old arc welders : ( but you make due with what you got. heres a couple pics of the car as it sits i will post more as i get time.

more68001.jpg

more68002.jpg

more68004.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic